Chunk of Chocolate Rehab:" My only regret in life is that while I was there for everyone else, I forgot to be there for me. " Cheryl Richardson _ ( I Love her!! Thanks Cheryl smile emoticon )
MM. this is quite interesting hey.. many of you here I am sure are able to rescue and support and be there for others and avoid doing that very thing for you!! I see this a lot; especially from women to be honest!
I am not suggesting to not be there and help and support others, at all, it's the biggest gift you can ever give anyone in life, your time, your care and your loving attention. What is not healthy is that when you do this at the expense of doing it for yourself!!!!
How on earth do I start to do this Carrie?
Well, just by carving out a bit of time daily, yep I did write DAILY!
Even if just ten minutes and really check in with yourself.
How are you feeling, really, really feeling? What is going on that you know you need to deal with that you have been avoiding?
Your chocolate addiction, I am sure is masking this.
For example. what simple thing can I do to support myself here:
1. Acknowledge how you are feeling.
2. Sitting in that or those feelings.
3. Do you need help and support here to deal with them?
4. Reaching out for that support- yep really.
5. Do you need to put an action plan together to deal with a problem.
6. Do it.
7. Don't make it too much, just little things as they will add up!
8. Pat yourself on the back, give yourself a hug, you did good!!
9. Happy dance, well done, I'm thrilled for you, you gave yourself a bit of your precious loving care and attention to yourself!! Yay!
Whatever it is, just start getting really in touch with it and start putting a plan together to face it, feel it, and deal with it.
Your loving kind and precious time and attention will be so well spent on you, dearest chocoholic, you are more than worth it!
The beauty of taking a bit of time, on yourself is that it will benefit everything else in your life, every other relationship you have!!
I know it's like magic, it so is!!!!!
Remember you are a priceless, lovely person, whatever you are doing and however you are feeling, and yep even if you have just binged on chocolate, or are even now binging on chocolate!
You are beautiful, worthy of love, care and attention now and always!
Big hugs, and I trust that helps.
Just aim to carve out ten minutes a day, and let me know how that feels and what happens- I am excited for you!!